Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A walk in the stars

I have been really drained of energy lately. I was tested by my doctor before the move to Iowa for multiple things and all the results were negative. I thought they would be. I dont feel like anything is physically wrong, and no, I do not feel depressed. I think I figured it out tonight though. I need a mind purge. Randomly, about 20 minutes ago, the puppy (Bella) was hounding me for some attenion. Rather than push her off me and get back to work I decided to take her for a walk.

It's beautiful outside tonight. The air is crisp and cool but not enough to need a jacket. It rained today so all the dust and dirt is wiped away and the puddles were glistening in the moonlight. I could see the stars twinkling in the sky and hear crickets chirping. It was beautiful, and calming, and exactly what I needed. Not that I am more energized, but I feel like I think too much and forget to breathe sometimes. The noise and demands of life overwhelm my senses and exhaust me. I think my solution is to simply slow down and take a walk in the stars. So here is a new goal for me...I want to walk everyday. Even if it is just a walk around the block with Miss Isabel. A walk everyday...to clear my mind and remember whats important in this life. A walk in the stars is just what I need to re-energize.

No comments: